Friday, May 22, 2009

Rise Up!

Reading the newspaper really brought me down. Reading about the little boy who was killed by his mother, more money for war, and they're not closing down Guantanamo...
So I wrote this to get some of the heaviness off my chest:

My eyes are tired from crying.
My heart is tired from being so heavy.
The destruction in this world is unbearable.
People don't have homes, food, or any basic needs.
So much violence and suffering...

My eyes are tired from crying.
My heart is tired from being so heavy.
I'm tired of being tired!

We as a people need to rise up!
Help one another, and make sure
Our governments serve us...

We need to fight for justice!
For a livable wage, health care for everyone,
a free higher education...

We need to rise up from this destruction!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, such whining. You are expending energy in a way that contributes nothing to the causes for which you say you care. Turn that energy into something productive. Do a good deed for a neighbor. Quit focusing on that which you cannot control.

Cuerpo Aztlan said...

Dear Dave:

It's a poem. That's where you vent and purge feelings.