Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In Lak Ech: Tú eres mi otro yo By Maria Brazil


In Lak Ech: Tú eres mi otro yo. Si te hago daño a ti, Me hago daño a mí mismo. Sí te amo y respeto, Me amo y respeto yo.

You are my other me. If I do harm to you, I do harm to myself. If I love and respect you, I love and respect myself.

The Raza Unida Party represents the potential to reach this ancient concept that was taught through action by my parents and grandparents. The platforms that are presented by the LRU show these ideas as a way to move toward a more just and equal society. Without organization and an understanding of our past and present we cannot dream a future. The reasons that the LRU began still exist. Without a way to organize ourselves we are scattered. Third party options are needed as a way to truly be able to express our desire for a better world…more voices, better outcome. That's why I am registered LRU.

No comments: